So you’ve just been put in charge of planning the food for your upcoming corporate event. Where do you start? Deciding on a catering company can be hard work, but we’re here to give you some helpful tips to make the process a bit easier, and maybe even fun! Take a look at our list of conference catering do’s and don’ts, and you’ll be an expert in no time.
- Research multiple catering companies. Reading customer reviews and testimonials is a great way to get first-hand information about how well companies do their job and live up to expectations.
- Make arrangements as far in advance as possible. Catering companies’ schedules fill up fast, especially during peak seasons and times. It’s best to lock in your date with a good company sooner rather than get stuck with a non-reputable last-minute option.
- Get an accurate headcount. Nothing is worse than running out of food at an event, especially when it’s as delicious as That Personal Touch’s! When in doubt, overestimate; because who doesn’t like leftovers, right?
- Consider attendants’ dietary needs. Make sure to ask guests about any allergies or dietary restrictions they may have and always plan for a few different menu options just in case.
- Take into consideration the event, venue, and time of day. Hors d’oeuvres are usually better for smaller, shorter events, while buffets and served plates are more suitable for larger, longer settings.
- Choose the cheapest company you can find. Quality comes at a price and conference catering not the place to cut corners. Your guests will thank you.
- Wait until the last minute. We’ll say it again. Planning is key when it comes to getting the best corporate catering for your event, and last-minute options are just never as good.
- Be afraid to speak up. If there is something extra or out of the ordinary that you would like the catering company to do, ask them about it! Most of the time they will be able to accommodate your requests. Trust us, we’ve seen it all!
With any corporate catering event, you want to leave your guests with the best impression of your business. Let us at That Personal Touch Catering help you make your next event a success! Give us a call at (303) 790-0477 or visit our website for more information and to view our menu.